Now, before we start, I want to be clear that I am not having a go at fitness classes.
I go to some and teach a lot myself. They are a great way to meet people, have fun and get moving. If your consistent with your attendance, they will probably help you get fitter and stronger too.
Instead, what I want to do is to help you understand the reasons why you might of failed to lose weight and hit your goals in the past and to manage you expectations of what to expect if all your doing is attending a couple of fitness classes per week.
If you are after a simple workout and you don't really have any specific goals, then classes are great but this blog is probably not for you. If however, you have struggled to drop fat for a while and really make changes to your body and long-term health, this blog is all about the 3 reasons why you need to be thinking about something more structured with accountability and a support package that helps you outside the sessions.
1. Exercise is just the tip of the iceberg
You probably heard this before but the actual exercise and training you do will only be responsible for around 20% of your weight loss results. The other 80% comes from a combination of your nutrition and changes to your mindset that will help you change the way you think about food and your lifestyle.
2. There is no nutrition advice or coaching
You will be surprised by how many people tell me they have a good diet but with further inspection, we find that much of what they think is healthy is not getting them results. With so much of your goals dependent on what you put into your mouth, not having coaching and support on this will probably see you failing.
3. There is no accountability
FACT! "It is much easier to justify skipping a fitness class than a personal training session".
Fitness classes are a low cost product, either thrown into your gym membership or you will pay a small fee of £3-8 per class. For most people, even if they have already paid, they will not be bothered about missing one of these sessions because there is nobody making you go or calling you to find out why you didn't attend.
Another fact for you. "The bigger your investment, the more you care about your results". Everyone wants to get their money's worth right. So if you have paid a bit more for a service, you are far more likely to take advantage of it. What's more, is that higher priced programs simply offer more.
So next time your weighing up the price of a program, think about what you are comparing it to. Do not compare a focused 1:1 or small group training program to a gym membership, a poorly run boot camp or a fitness class.
They cost a bit more because they give you so much more than just a 30-60 minute workout that you only do whenever you feel like showing up.
14 day kick start program just £29
These are for men and women who are tired of going round in circles and want a proven strategy to lose weight and transform their body image.
My 14 day program gives you the chance train with me for 14 days so you can see what I do and find out how I get great results with all my clients. By training in small, focused groups (max 4 people) I can give you all the help and support you would get in really expensive 1:1 training packages. Plus you get a load of comprehensive nutrition resources and a whole host of other cool stuff that will guarantee you get results
Hit the button below to find out more....
Darren has over 10 years experience in the fitness industry as a personal trainer, sports injury therapist and most recently as an educator to other trainers. Originally from South Wales, he went to Liverpool University to study Sports Science and liked the city so much, he decided to stay. Since finishing his degree he set up a thriving personal training and injury rehab business which continues to this day. He has recently moved over to Denby Dale in West Yorkshire and has opened Faster Fitness Solutions, a multi-purpose training and rehabilitation facility located in the heart of the village.